Wednesday

Cheat Sheet: Ordering at Mexican Restaurants - How to stay on Weight Watchers when you don't know Weight Watcher Freestyle Points

One of my favorites 

I love Mexican food almost as much as I love Chinese food.  In the past my lifestyle always included a platter full of chips soaked in cheese sauce, taco meat and beans.  The more ingredients the better!  Sometimes, I'd go for the deep-fried chimichanga asking for chicken instead of beef.  And let's not forget Mexican fried ice cream!

Planning is key....

I still allow these foods occasionally, but they are planned for.  Planning doesn't mean a cheat meal  day or throwing out my WW tracker.  I plan my day to incorporate the old favorites in a way that will still allow me to stay on target with my lifestyle.

My strategy...

There are many different approaches you could take to still eat your favorites. Some examples include sharing an entree with a friend, having a bite from someone else's entree or eating less from the entree you were served that keeps you within your plans limits.  

Until you find out...

The old favorites don't taste as good as they used to and your body doesn't feel the same.  I often feel sluggish and well... I'll spare the gory details.  

The problem I faced...

Since I follow Weight Watchers Freestyle Points as one of my tools to maintain my lifestyle, I would often get frustrated if my tracker didn't have the points listed.  In the beginning, I just wouldn't go...
and then I felt frustrated, punished, restrained....and then...the negative self-talk would get in my head...

The solution... 

I realized in order to have this lifestyle be sustainable and livable, I had to own my choices and own the responsibility.  After all, I can't expect WW to list the points for every single restaurant in the world ... I can't imagine how they'd locate all the food trucks!  I did research on healthy options for Mexican food and created the infographic below. 

I developed new favorites... 

I love love love fajitas.  I simply ask them to be prepared with light oil.  My favorite Mexican restaurant has shrimp fajitas with the largest shrimp I've ever seen and a spicy shrimp cocktail that is better than any chips and salsa I've ever had!  

The infographic is free for you... 

Feel free to download it from the link below.  Share it with your friends, and let me know what you think of it in the comments below. 

Is there a cuisine you miss?

Let me know if you'd like information on another cuisine you are interested in, by leaving me a comment below.  

Thank you for reading. Be happy with where you are, where you're headed and content to enjoy every day along the way!  Mary






Download Mexican Cheat Sheet

No comments:

Post a Comment